Friday, December 29, 2006

Christmas Branch Anyone?


We finally did see live Christmas trees being sold on the streets of Kiev. They started selling them a little later than we're used to but I think having a tree is relatively new here so that may explain the late starting date. The really "odd" thing that I noticed (in my humble North American worldview) is that they often just sell the branches. So after work you can pick up a nice "Christmas Branch" to bring home and decorate with the kids. Perhaps I am merely used to the SUPER-SIZR ME mentality of the West. We need a monstrous tree so we can stuff as many presents as we possibly can under it...but I digress.

If there is one thing I've learned about living in Kiev it's, "if people will buy it, there's someone selling it on the street!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home