Thursday, December 07, 2006

That's a Big Pot!


We recently visited the National History Museum of Ukraine here in Kiev. It was interesting but more expensive than we thought it would be and everything was written in Ukrainian so we didn't really "learn" a lot. I snapped this photo right before I was informed that pictures were not allowed. Well actually, it wasn't that they weren't allowed it was that you had to pay extra upon admission in order to be able to take pictures. Oh well, I got one good shot out of it!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's very similar to museums I've been to elsewhere in eastern Europe/former SU, where you have to announce at the entry that you want to take a picture and then pay for the privilege. Sometimes it's only a few pence, but sometimes the cost is extortionate! Cool picture though!

1:33 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

Thanks for bringing all the rest of us a little glimpse inside this museum. I doubt I'll ever see another. Annie

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home